Saturday, October 01, 2005

what an adventure!

So, Chris ended up going on the trip. He just called and they are near Vicksburg, Mississippi. They have not stopped since yesterday around 4pm PST. Well, they've stopped for gas and food, but other than that, they have been driving this whole time. They are taking turns and while one drives, the other sleeps. I googled it for him and found out that they are about 6 hours away from their destination in Biloxi. Chris said that when they get to Jackson, they might stop at a rest stop and sleep for a few hours. Their flight home tomorrow does not leave Biloxi until 3:10pm CST. So they are gonna make it, no problem. Chris called every couple of hours today. It took most of the day today to get thru Texas. Normally, they could have gone straight thru southern Texas, like San Antonio and Houston. But with all the road closures and chaos down there, we decided that they should go north and go thru Dallas and northern Louisiana. If they had gone thru Houston, it would have taken them thru New Orleans as well. But since the goal was to get the RV there, they took a route that we knew would get them there without getting lost or road closures. So, it added a few more hours to the trip, but they'll get there. I am so glad that they are so close.
I had a terrible day. I stayed up late last night without really meaning to. I had some Mountain Dew with dinner and since I am trying not to drink caffeine, when I do it really effects me. So, I was awoken this morning by my husband calling to say they were in Texas. It was a pleasant thing to be woken up to. But after that, the day went down hill. I woke up with a headache. A very dull migraine, but it made me nauseous. I spent most of the morning and early afternoon in and out of the bathroom thinking that I could throw up at any moment. I finally just laid down on the couch and rested and I started to feel better. I had been trying to fight my head and stomach all morning, so when I finally rested and slept for a little bit, I started to feel better. I still don't feel all that great so I have not really done anything but watch TV all day. I watched a few episodes of What Not To Wear and there is a marathon of the second season of America's Next Top Model on VH1 and I have been watching that. I hope I feel better tomorrow. I get to pick the boys up at the airport around 6:30pm PST and I can't wait! I am so lonely. It's hard knowing that there really isn't anyone to talk to. But that's a story for another day.

No comments: