Tuesday, May 05, 2009

top 4

I am live blogging the east coast feed of Idol tonight, so any West Coasters who don't want spoilers, stay away. I warned you!

Stage fell apart. hahaha. But it is really sad that stage manage, Debbie got hurt. Hope she's ok. So they had no dress rehearsal? Too f-ing bad.

Wait... did he just say duets? What. the. holy. crap. is. that. about??

Adam - Whole Lotta Love - Funny that he sounds like Axel Rose tonight. Maybe that came to mind because of Slash, but he really does. Maybe that is the comparison I have been looking for all season and it never clicked until just now. Slash told him to stay mostly in his lower register and he did. There was none of those high pitched squeals and I liked it. It made this performance stand out from all the others. Crap, Kara is orgasmic. Wow... Simon says, "No one can top that now."

Allison - Cry Baby - It was just ok. I liked to, but I am not sure if its enough. She actually sounded better during the mentoring with Slash. Did Simon tell her to beg? Stupid. I kinda think this might be the end for her.

I know they said duets, but why are they not singing two songs alone? That's not fair. Assholes. I hate this show. These duets are gonna kill me. Except maybe the one between Allison and Adam. That might rock my socks off. I'd have to put socks on for them to be rocked off, but you know what I mean.

Kris & Danny - duet, Renegade - Gross. Dumb. Horrible. Make it stop. I have to agree that the harmonies were pretty good, but all the excuses made me dislike it even more. Gokey saying that he couldn't hear because the band and speakers were on the stage. Um... really? I know at church you sing along with a tape, but in real life the band is on the stage. Dumbass. Poor Kris.

Kris - Come Together - That must have been amazing to play with Slash like that. I don't even play guitar and that would be a dream come true for me! Sounding good so far. This is probably the closest Kris can get to rock. I actually really liked that. Looks like the judges want him to go home this week. Its ok, Kris. 4th place ain't so bad. *wink*

Gokey - Dream On - HAHA! You can tell that Slash doesn't like Gokey either. Hilarious. This is so wrong on sooooo many levels. Before the high note happened, I kept saying, "Please no. Please no" hoping that he wouldn't sing it. I had to cover my ears and screamed myself to block it out. It was so bad. So bad. That's all I can say. Again, more excuses. That's all he's got. Get rid of this asshole. I pray. But I know that is not gonna happen. Its so sad that TPTB will not let the judges be honest about Gokey. You can tell that they have to say something good. Its so obvious. Gah.

Adam & Allison - duet, Slow Ride - That was fun. They sounded great together. And I agree with Simon, but I am worried that Adam fans are gonna split their votes and vote for Allison. Oh well. Honestly, at this point it doesn't even matter.

Can I just tell you that I love that they played the primal scream for Danny's recap? Awesome. I hope to God that Gokey goes home. If not, its Allison. I think Kris has enough of a fan base to stay. Ok. It's over. My poor ears.

No comments: