Saturday, November 01, 2008

i cannot wait

Tomorrow Tonight I am getting a new tattoo! Actually it will be two, but done at the same time. I have an appointment for 6:30pm. I am sooooooooo excited. I take this very seriously. When I turned 30, I wanted to get a tattoo to memorialize the event. But at the time, I did not know what I wanted to get. So, instead of just getting something random for the sake of doing it, I put it off. Earlier in the year, I finally figured out what I wanted and where. And now, since Monday is my 31st birthday, I am ready to do it. Over the course of 13 years, I have only gotten 3 tattoos. Each and every time, it took a long time for me to decide what to get. Like I said, I take it seriously. I know it is permanent and don't want to regret it later. I know that once I think it thru and make the decision, I will not regret it. It does hurt. Yes it does. But you know what? The pain lasts only as long as it takes for the tattoo. After that, its over. I can handle pain, as long as I know that it won't last forever. Mind over matter. You just don't watch and squeeze the hand of the person you bring with you. (Chris is gonna come with me.) I often curse under my breath during it too. But fer real!! I am so happy to finally get them done!! Of course I will photo it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What tattoos do you already have? I'm excited to see the new addition!! :)

Erin

Laura Anne said...

i already have a daisy on my left ankle, a heart on my lower back and a ladybug on my right foot.