Thursday, October 21, 2004

paypal

Yesterday, in my hotmail in box, there was a message from PayPal telling me that they needed me to update my account info or they would close it. I was suspicious because I have heard that there have been bogus emails sent to steal peoples info.
so, I went to PayPal.com and decided to look into it before filling out the email
request. With Chris's help, I found a section to email them possible fraudulant emails. I sent the one I got to them and got a response back like less than 10 minutes later saying that it was not from them and not to respond to it. I can't even imagine how many people few victim to that email. It was asking for debit card number, checking account number & routing number, address and a whole page of other stuff. It's a good thing I am aware of the scams.

No comments: