Friday, October 15, 2004

odd that


sometimes even the cutest boys can look, well... need I say?

So, tomorrow is his (John Mayer - for the not so obsessed) birthday. I hope that when I turn 27, I am as famous as he is and have toured the world. Note: as you can see, I am in complete denial that my birthday is actually 18 days after his and I will, in fact be turning the same age. And might I also mention that on the message boards, when they are talking about his birthday tomorrow, they are all saying that 27 is really old. That's not helping. *tear*

Anyway, I haven't been blogging this week because of two reasons. One is that on, I think Tuesday, I did write a really long entry and then my computer when nuts and I lost the entry before it uploaded. So, I avoided it out of protest. The other reason is because I have been really tired after coming home each night this past week. This week was the week that I was helping out the new hires. Each day this past week I spent walking around and answering questions from the new hires while they were taking calls for the first time. It went well. We were all pretty nervous about them taking calls because of how they had done in class, but the majority of them are doing much better now. Remember how I had said that I was one of two people chosen to do this; on-boarding is what they call it? Well, that turns out to not really be true. For some reason 2 other people from my team ending up doing it too. One person was only supposed to do it when another person was gonna be off, but ended up doing it all week. The other person, don't ask me how she snaked her way in. Just know that she is one of the people that I knew would be mad that she wasn't chosen. Apparently she raised enough stink that they let her do it. This all took away from my specialness. I should change the title to I'm not so special IV. And yes, I am bitter about it. But whatever. They all can bite me.

The last debate was this week and it was here. Well, in Tempe. Funny thing is, the news people were apparently not briefed on how we actually pronounce Tempe. They were all saying Tem-pay. It's really Tem-pee. Chris said that we should just spell it that way (Tempee) so that people say it right. My response was, "Why should we have to spell everything phonetically just so people can pronounce things correctly?" That was not nearly as funny until W announced to the country that his wife speaks better english than he does. AND THIS IS WHO SOME CRAZY PEOPLE WANT BEING THE LEADER OF THIS COUNTRY? DID YOU NOT JUST HEAR THAT TOO? HE ADMITTED HE'S AN IDIOT. Then said, "please vote for me?" AUGH!
Another funny thing about the debate...I was watching Hardball with Chris Matthews after the debate and they were outside broadcasting live. Someone in the crowd behind them had a sign that said Weapons of Mass-turbation. All I can say is, that's what they get for having the debate at one of the biggest party schools in the country. What do you expect? Hehe.
This is something also very interesting... found it on azcentral.com:
While tomorrow's domestic debate won't touch much on Iraq, the circular auditorium where it will take place has a notable link to the war-torn country. Frank Lloyd Wright based its design on one he had done for an opera house he planned for Baghdad after a visit there. But when King Faisal II, who had commissioned the work, was assassinated in 1958, those plans were scrapped.
Love that.

Alright. I need to get back to life. Back to reality. Back to the here and now, oh yeah...
an oldy, but a goody

Gold Canyon Caramel Apple candle rocks my world.

No comments: