Thursday, April 05, 2012

American Idol S.11 - Top 8

Guess I was way off last week. Oh well.

The Starbucks I have here is making me very giddy. Maybe I can get thru an entire episode without wanting to jump out a window.

theme: Songs from the 80's


FUCK! i just had a bunch of stuff written and it disappeared.


Deandre Brackensick - I Like It by DeBarge: I was not blown away. Each performance sounds the same. (the rest of this is what was lost, but I didn't feel like re-typing it.)

Elise Testone - I Wanna Know What Love Is by Foreigner: What is she wearing? Is that one sleeve missing, because the other stole it? I actually liked it. I am just so glad that she did not sing Hallelujah.

duet #1 Skylar and Colton: oooh. Bad Colton. yikes. He has fallen off my favs list. yikes. This whole thing was a mess and it was too long. I will admit that I song harmony along with them. It needed the help. Did the judges see a different performance???

Phillip Phillips - That's All by Genesis: He put a lot more anger in to it than Genesis did. However, if you listen the lyrics, it is a mad song. Odd. I've never really noticed that before when hearing the song. Strange mis-mash of the lyrics, but if you didn't know, you never would. I really like this kid.

duet #2 Hollie and Deandre: Deandre rocked those harmonies. Hollie is a hot mess.

Joshua Ledet - If You Don't Know Me By Now by Simply Red: Lordy, Lordy. Nice one. His craziness can get to be too much, but it was still good. I would never listen to his album though. Not sure who actually would.

A girl WILL NOT win this year.

Jessica Sanchez - How Will I Know by Whitney Houston: No. You are 5. You do not get to have an alter ego. This is such an 80's song. So dated. She still annoys me. I figured it out. She belongs on Broadway. That would be perfect. She's too technical to be a pop star. She has the voice, but not the uniqueness. Just don't end up face down in the bathtub. Oh. Too soon?

duet #3 Elise and Phillip: Awkward. Phillip does not know what to do with himself. Elise was great and it sounded good, but awkward.

Hollie Cavanagh - What A Feeling by Irene Cara: When I was younger, I used to dance around my room and sung along with the entire Flashdance soundtrack. This song holds a special place in my heart. No one can sing this better than the 7 year me. You know you wish you could hear me sing She's A Maneater. And not mentioning Irene Cara is a travesty.

duet #4 Joshua and Jessica: This was such a strange duet to begin with. George Michael and Aretha Franklin? Who ever woulda thought. This was ok. I was entertained by Joshua. Jessica was trying too hard to match Joshua's ease.

Colton Dixon - Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper: HOLY CRAP. Gwen is AH-MAZING. I want to have her babies. I can't write the way he sung the word "time," but it is annoying. He is fail to me. I really wish he had sung She Bop.

Skylar Laine - Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler: These songs are my childhood. It's tripping me out. These was the best performance of the night. It was really great. It was like a country version, because of her voice, but it was still true to the song itself. The very last note was out of control. She got ahead of herself. However, the best version I have ever of this song is by my friend Karin.


bottom 3: Deandre, Hollie and Elise

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girls never win anymore. What is it? 5 white guys with guitars in a row? So that would point to Philip...lol!

Deandre's hair irritates me.

I think Hollie is sweet and I really like her, but I think the biz would chew her up and spit her out. She has an amazing voice, but she's nowhere near ready for this stuff.

I love Skylar and I think she might go the way of Kellie Pickler and have a nice career in country music.

I like Joshua, too and I wouldn't mind if he won. He's got the "it" factor.

Karin