Thursday, April 12, 2012

American Idol S.11 - Top 7

how cute is my new layout?

I was 100% on my bottom 3 last week. Not sure if the right person went home, however I was not upset at all. I didn't realize Deandre was from San Jose. I lived there when I was little.

If Steven Tyler wears robes in public, I wonder what he wears when he gets out of the shower? Wait. No I don't. That's a scary image. sorry!

theme: Songs from 2010 or sooner (These themes are much easier than they have been in the past.)

Skylar Laine - Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You by Kellie Pickler: Slightly nasal-y at the beginning. She didn't need guitar. The only thing about it is that it made the performance look different. So I guess, in a way, it did help. If she hadn't had the guitar she would have danced around like she always does. So... idk. I'm confused.

Colton Dixon - Love The Way You Lie by Skylar Grey: I had no idea this was a song on its own. Its way better with Eminem and sung by Rihanna. It was brave singing a song that Rihanna sung the shit out of and that is so well known in another context. This was too overdramatic for me. No way did he pull ahead of Phillip with this.

duet #1 Elise and Phillip: LOVED Phillip on this. He was so subtle and great. Elise might have over sung in comparison to him. She might-a could-a toned it down to match him.

back to 2010? Like it was THAT long ago? dumb Ryan.

Jessica Sanchez - Stuttering by Jazmine Sullivan: So over her.

Joshua Ledet - Runway Baby by Bruno Mars: Do we read anything in to the fact that he ignored the girl on the stairs? nah. A little oversung at the beginning. There are a lot of words and they are stuccato. It felt like he was having a tough time getting all out. Not as entertaining as I was hoping.

duet #2 Colton and Skylar: yeah, yeah. Dating. Whatever. They have no time to date. They just makeout all the time.

If Skylar wins, I feel like she will be the most commercially successful. To me, she is the one that is ready to go right now. Last week, I said a girl will not win, not I kinda want Skylar to win.

Hollie Cavanagh - Perfect by Pink: All of sudden Hollie's english accent is much stronger. Shocker. SNOOOOOOZE-fest

Phillip Phillips - Give A Little More by Maroon 5: Turning a Maroon 5 song into a slight DMB song was not successful at all. This is kinda fail. I wish Jimmy had talked him out of it. His voice was strong, but the song was way off.

duet trio #3 Joshua, Hollie, Jessica: This was all sorts of scary. Please stop singing Kelly. Add her to the Mariah, Celine and Whitney list. I muted this.

Elise Testone - You and I by Lady Gaga: Not sure how I felt about this. I wanted to like it more than I did. Let go and kept control? What JLo? idk

bottom 3: Hollie, Elise, Phillip (but the 3 doesn't matter, because Hollie is going)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Skylar could win. She's the only one of the girls that can at this point.

Love Phillip, but not my favorite week.

And the bottom 3 was a big surprise, yes? But not a surprise that they used their save. Not shocked at all. Don't know that she was really that worth it, but whatev.

Karin