Thursday, March 08, 2012

American Idol S.11 - Top 13

boys - Stevie Wonder week
girls - Whitney Houston week
Why are they making this so complicated? They are also changing how the peeps go home. The judges get to pick between the bottom girl & bottom guy. I doubt they will do this all season. Probably just the first few episodes.

Joshua Ledet - I Wish:  Really surprised that he said it was out of his comfort zone. That doesn't really make sense. He killed this song.

Elise Testone -  I'm Your Baby Tonight: I song Greatest Love of All in the 8th grade talent show. Soooo happy she changed song. I think I liked this. Not sure about her outfit and the fact that she was constantly bent over. It appears she was trying to get closer to the crowd, but it just looked weird. Plus, it squishes your diaphragm. It was kinda lounge singer-ish. The judges were really right about her.

Jermaine  Jones - Knocks Me Off My Feet: Please stop calling him the gentle giant. As true as it may be, its annoying. This is not my cup of tea. His voice sounds like he is just waiting to drop down. It rests in that place. I appreciate the low tone, but when he sings a little higher, it sounds so sweet.

What the hell kinda button is on Randy's jacket?

Erika Van Pelt - I Believe In You And Me: This makeover made her look older. She looked cute in the studio, but seeing her in this dress does not feel right. It seems like she isn't taking their advice at all. The rasp is not there. She didn't "make it her own." And I really liked her...

Colton Dixon - Lately: Based on the studio, this might be train wreck. The beginning was. He was mumbling and it was dull. It woke up in the middle and stayed great the rest of the way. Not the best, but I am not sure there is a Stevie Wonder song he could have sung any better.

Shannon  Magrane - I Have Nothing: She's tall.

Deandre Brackensick - Master Blaster: I like him better with his hair back. Jamaican overkill much? I can't even understand the words. Mary sung it awesome. She should've sung this instead. Did not like. Male Naima? That's a death wish. She went soooo downhill after her Jamaican performance. That was her peak.

Skylar Laine - Where Do Broken Hearts Go: Sway bots in full effect. She is cute and did a great job.

Heejun Han - All In Love Is Fair: They are really playing up his personality by showing those twitpics. Before I even say anything about his performance, I have to say that he will make it through. Its a given. So, this was boring. He sung well. But way boring.

Hollie Cavanagh - All The Man That I Need: Is there something weird when she says "H"'s? Its distracting. Oh did she sing too? That almost end power note was great. She did goodish (somewhere between ok and good).

Jeremy Rosado - Ribbon In The Sky: Pretty.

Jessica Sanchez - I Will Always Love You: Don't peak too soon, kiddo.

Phillip Phillips - Superstition: This is totally how Dave would sing this. Love!!

bottom girl: Shannon or Elise
bottom boy: Jeremy or Deandre

disclaimer: Yes, this is posted AFTER the results show aired. However. I have not yet watched it and have no clue about the actual results.

1 comment:

Lady J said...

They are always complaining when they do theme weeks that the guy songs are too hard for the girls and the girls songs are too hard for the guys, so I appreciate that they tried to circumvent that by giving them male and female songs. So I can go along with that. The whole judges deciding who goes home thing I'm not so excited about. It's fine on So You Think You Can Dance where they really want to keep the most talented dancers and not the most popular ones, but I think America is (usually) a pretty good judge of singing.

Loved Joshua, Skylar, Hollie, Jessica and Phillip.

Hollie is from England but grew up in Texas or something. That's why her accent is so bizarre. I had to research it last week because I couldn't figure it out!

Everyone on this show is kind of boring to me other than Skyler and Phillip. Not that they aren't good singers, but meh. We'll see if they grow on me. I think Hollie has an amazing voice, but she's such a little mouse personality wise.