Thursday, June 18, 2009

meeting Jason Castro

Chris and I were in LA on Saturday, for a convention. Before we headed home, we went to Santa Monica. We walked on the pier and then went down to the water. After almost losing my shoe in the ocean, we decided to go get something to eat. We found a strip of stores and restaurants. We turn into the parking lot behind the stores and I see Jason Castro walking thru the parking lot. I grabbed Chris's arm and was like OMG! THAT'S JASON! JASON CASTRO! Chris tells me to get out of the car and do something. I think I was in too much shock to move. So I opened the door right there, in the middle of the parking lot. I was lucky that I still had my camera in my pocket from being at the beach. He is past our car by now, so I get out and walk over towards him and say, "Jason." He turns around and smiles.
I said, "I saw you walking by and just wanted to meet you and introduce myself."
He puts out his hand to shake my hand, I shake back.
me: "I am Laura and I am one of the creators of the Goth Girls site."
JC: "Oh. Oh yeah? Nice to meet you."
me: "I saw you here and couldn't not say hello, even though I am still wet from the beach."
JC: "The beach. I think that's what we're gonna do next. I was just out here feeding the meter."
me: "So you live around here, right?"
JC: "Yeah." Lifting his arm and pointing towards the general southern direction. "Over in... there."
me: "So, like, in the Santa Monica area."
JC: "Yeah. What about you?"
me: "I live in Phoenix, actually."
JC: "Oh. So you're just here for a visit, then?"
me: "Yeah, just for today."
me: "So you've been really busy lately."
JC: "Yeah, been working really hard on the album."
At that moment I am looking behind me to see if Chris was coming back. I kept hoping he would, because I didn't know how else to get a picture with him. So as he is saying that, a random guy walks by us. I stop him and ask him if he would mind taking our picture. He was super nice and said that he would. I don't even know if I turned the camera on before giving it to him, but I know for sure that I did not show him how to use it.
After we take the picture...
JC: "I gotta get back to eat."
me: "It was really great to meet you. Thanks."
JC: "You too. No problem."
He was really nice. Smelled good. Even with the 2 week old beard, he was just as smiley as ever. I am so lucky to have met him. I mean, what are the odds? I am really lucky to meet him the way I did, too. We were able to have a small conversation and it wasn't just a quick 2 seconds. I am not discounting people meeting him that way, but recognizing how lucky I actually was.

No comments: