Wednesday, December 31, 2008

best thing that happened to me in 2008


This is finally the one where the answer is...
Jason Castro.
On April 23, 2008, American Idol aired the cheezy Ford Commerical they made for the song Tainted Love. Each Idol was dressed up in a goth costume. That was the beginning of the end. The next day, one girl posted on the American Idol forum that they thought Jason looked good dressed in Goth and now... 8 months later... I created (along with my new best friends) a website called Jason's Goth Girls. I have met the most wonderful people I have ever known. I have made life long friends. My health improved. I gained confidence in myself. I have done things that I never would have done before. As I like to say... I'm not who I was. I have changed for the better. Jason was the catalyst, but its the girls that really changed my life. But without a gorgeous, blue eyed, dreadheaded boy taking a risk and trying out for American Idol and then having talent to boot, I'd be in the same rut that I was stuck in for far too long. So thank you Jason. Thank you for everything. And to my Goth Girls... I have no words.

No comments: