Tuesday, October 14, 2008

job... or lack there of

I have been putting of blogging about this. I am not really sure why. I got fired from my job. Not laid off. Fired. It's complicated. Not really feeling like sharing the details. But it was just over two weeks ago. My former boss called me while I was home sick and told me. She told me that they would pack up my desk and mail it to me. It was done. I guess I could have tried to fight it. But honestly, I didn't really want to. I was not happy at my job. Well, I loved the people I worked with, but I hated what I did. I was wanting to leave anyway. It would have been better if it was on my terms and not theirs. It was also really difficult to deal with, because not only was I sick, but Chris was in Arlington at the time. So I was home alone. It was tough, but in a way, it was a blessing. That applies to losing the job and being alone. I have hope that I will find another job. In fact, I got a call today about an interview. I have one scheduled on Monday!! I have applied to so many and feel good about the process. But I also was forced to deal with it on my own. I act tough (sometimes!! I swear I do!!), but I don't always feel tough. Being home alone gave me time to think and react without other peoples opinions or feelings. It would have been nice to have the support of my husband at that time, but I handled it. I cried. I dealt. I processed. I felt good to be with my feelings. It was positive, for once. I needed this to happen. Maybe I can start to move forward in my life now.

No comments: