Monday, October 20, 2008

camping

So, yeah... we went camping over the weekend. Believe it or not, it was my idea. I felt like getting away would do us both some good. Chris had been gone in Arlington for so long and I have been stuck in this house. Well, turns out it was a good idea. We packed up and left Friday afternoon. By the time we got there (we had to stop at Walmart along the way because we forgot flashlights! duh!) it was dark. Setting up camp in the dark is kind of a pain, but I was with my Eagle Scout and had no doubt it would be ok. The best thing about camping is the food that Chris makes. He puts yummy things on the fire and the grill. Makes cake in a cast iron dutch oven. Soooo good. Also roasting marshmallows. Such fun. The weather was really nice. I loved being away from the heat. We brought every blanket we owned and I ended up sleeping in my clothes with 4 blankets. I was able to get lots of reading and writing done. And of course I took pictures. If you wanna see them, here they are. We were way up on top of Mingus Mountain at over 7000 feet above sea level. It was very cool being at the top. Here is the mountain were were on top of, once we were down off of it:It was a really peaceful weekend, dirt and all.

No comments: