Tuesday, August 26, 2008

don't know how she does it

It seems that Alanis Morissette writes the songs that tell the story of me. I have loved her from the moment I first heard her. I can remember going to Best Buy with my mom and dad and buying Jagged Little Pill. I was opening it in the car and really wanting to listen to it right then. But these were the days of no cd players in cars. Yeah, that time really existed. So, when I got home I played it over and over and over and over and over. So many songs applied to me and how I felt about life at the time. Ever since then, with every album, there have been songs that feel like they came from my heart, not her. The biggest example is my favorite song of all time, That I Would Be Good. I often say, if you want to know me at all, listen to that song. That songs can explain me on almost every level. On the latest album, there are more songs that I feel this way about, but none more than Incomplete. I sort of feel like her and I are growing at the same time. She has gone thru so much more in her life than I have and she is 4 years older than I am, but I really feel like they way we experience life is very similar. This may sound totally nuts and I may not be explaining it enough for you to understand, but just listen to this song and you can know me more.

No comments: