Thursday, June 14, 2007

"Is it me, or does he keep looking at you?"

Read the title of this post, if you haven't already. That is what my friend, Carrie said to me during the 4th song of the set. I could not make that shit up. She really said that. My reaction: "Oh my God, you noticed that too! I thought I was going crazy."
So, this is my review of the John Mayer concert last night. Based on that, you can probably assume what my review of the show will be. The show was awesome. The seats I had for this show were the best I ever had. We were so close, it was almost surreal. During the 2nd song, the hotness and I had a moment. I swear. When I was not taking photos, I was looking at him. We made eye contact multiple times and at one point, he looked at me for a little longer than before. It was like he was singing to me. I know it sounds nuts. And at first, I thought I was losing my mind too. Then Carrie said what she said and I realized I wasn't crazy. I wasn't imagining him looking at me. I don't think it was anything other than the fact that I was looking right at him and we were close enough to make eye contact. Maybe I was burning a hole in him, but whatever. After that, I really didn't care what happened. I enjoyed the show and took lots of photos. There were some drunk girls next to me that were crazy dumb. At one point, they even asked me to go buy them more beer. They were old enough to buy it for themselves, but just too drunk. They were dumb, but not overly bitchy. But I really think I am cursed. I always get stuck next to freaks. They were entertaining, though. My favorite moment (other than "our moment"), was Why Georgia. It is such an oldie, but goodie. I love the audience participation part of that song too. Before the show, I told Carrie that he has not performing Wonderland during this tour, then he shocked us all by busting it out in the encore. All acoustic-like made it ok. I am really over that song and have been for years. I could go on and on and maybe I will in later posts, but for now...
Here is the setlist:
Vultures
Good Love is On the Way
Why Georgia
I Don't Trust Myself (With Loving You)
Bigger Than My Body
Dreaming With A Broken Heart
No Such Thing
Belief
I Don't Need No Doctor
Waiting on the World to Change
Gravity

-- encore --
Slow Dancing (acoustic)
Your Body is a Wonderland (acoustic)
I'm Gonna Find Another You

No comments: