Wednesday, February 03, 2010

best picture

Every year, for the last few years I have made a commitment to see all the movies nominated for Best Picture at the Academy Awards. For the last 3 years, I have been successful. This year the Academy decided a throw a monkey wrench in to my plan. They go and nominate 10 movies for Best Picture. 10 movies in just over a month, only 1 of which I have already seen. Damn. My luck is that some of them are already out on DVD. Looks like I'll be renting lots of movies. I don't know if I'll be able to see the ones still in theaters, but Chris did show an interest in Avatar, so I may see that one.

edited to add: DONE. as of the night before the awards!
The nominees are:
Avatar
The Hurt Locker
Precious: Based on the novel 'Push' by Sapphire
Up in the Air
Inglourious Basterds
Up
The Blind Side
District 9
An Education
A Serious Man

1 comment:

comebacknikki said...

I still haven't seen An Education or A Serious Man -- both of which I wanted to see before they were even nominated.

Avatar is only worth seeing in the theater (in 3-D). The story is kind of blah, but the special effects are cool!