Thursday, October 08, 2009

how you deal

Good things will happen. Bad things will happen. Sure, you have some control over these things happening. Like don't put yourself in dangerous situations and the likelihood of something bad happens, decreases. Same with the good. But what is more important than all that is how you react to the situation. You need to appreciate when the good things happen. And when the bad things happen, you have to work thru it. You can't let it destroy you. It's all about how you deal. From the largest to the smallest situation.
Trust me, I do not have my shit together. But I have been learning how to function and not let situations control me. I may not be able to stop something from happening, but I can control how I react. One important thing, though... ignoring it and pretending it didn't happen is not dealing with it. The only way out is through.

No comments: