Wednesday, July 29, 2009

eye doctor

Today was yet another doctor visit. One more tomorrow... and its the girly doc for the girly exam. Hip, hip, hooray. I made all these doctor appointments for this week, because I have my mom's car. She is out of town and she let me use her car while she is gone. Normally, if I need to make an appointment, I would have to take Chris to work. It's a total pain in the ass. So I am taking full advantage of having 2 cars. Anyhoo. Went to the eye doctor today for my annual exam and to get new glasses. My current glasses are falling apart. One side is held together by a wire where the screw should be. The paint on the inside at my temples has chipped off, and the metal turns my face green. I have to paint over it with clear nailpolish to keep that from happening. Also, some of the bling on the sides have fallen off. They are 2 1/2 years old. So, I get there early so that I can look at all the frames before my appointment. I didn't know if she was going to dilate my eyes or not. Its hard enough to look at frames without my glasses on, then add dilated eyes and its tough to see at all. Before they called me back, I had it narrowed down to 3 pair, but really leaning toward one pair. The doctor tells me that my astigmatism has shift, especially my right eye. So my prescription changed a lot. She said that can happen and there is not reason why. Whatever. Everything else is good. She actually didn't dilate my eyes, which was good. After the appointment, I decided on my glasses. Here they are:
The picture does not look very cool, but they are. I like them a lot. I hate that I have to wait a week to get them!!

No comments: